Friday, October 9, 2015

It's Official!!!!!

I'm so so excited!! I haven't posted about it on here yet, since I was waiting for it all to be official! But I signed my contract the other day and officially graduated yesterday.



I am now an independent travel agent with Fairytale Journeys specializing in Disney vacations!! I completed the College of Disney Knowledge course yesterday! And scored a perfect 100%!

And now that I've officially started this excited new business, I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. So many times friends and family told me I should become a travel agent. But I never wanted to deal with all kinds of other vacations. I just wanted to do Disney. And I didn't think I wanted to deal with all the official stuff. I didn't want to work at an actual travel agency. I need to be home. I wasn't going to give up my writing career. I would have loved to just help people plan their Disney days and pick which restaurants to eat at.

But one day a few weeks ago...I can't even explain how it all happened... I started researching online travel agencies who specialized in Disney vacations. And I filled out a couple applications. Within a few days, I had a response and a request for a phone interview. She was awesome and offered me the position that day. It's been a bit of a whirlwind ever since. And it's everything I could have hoped for. The parts I didn't want to do aren't nearly as hard as I'd thought and I have SOOOOOO much support from my agency- Fairytale Journeys. I'm already building a clientele- I have 3 trips booked already!! And a few more leads who are interested.

I'm really excited for his new venture. I feel like the luckiest girl ever. How many people can say they have their dream job? And I have two......

No comments:

Post a Comment