Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Restaurant Spotlight: Sci Fi Dine In Theater



Years ago, way back in the year 2000, I took my first trip to Walt Disney World. It was a spur of the moment trip. We got major deals on a hotel and a rental car, airfare and park passes, too. I didn't even know there were Disney resorts. My husband and I just went. It was on my list of things to do before we had kids. It was a budget trip, but it was my first time ever, so I didn't care. But we did manage to eat at two sit down restaurants. And one of them was Sci Fi Dine in Theater.

And the second I walked in, I was BLOWN AWAY. I really felt like I was outside at a drive in movie.

We have been back many times since that first trip. Our kids adore it just as much as we do. The tables are pretty darn cool. It's nothing new to eat in your car, but these are are very unique. Each seat has a table.



The menu is a tad limited, (check it out here) but the burgers are tasty. I've had the ribs and steak, and both were good.

But it's the atmosphere is what brings us back. It really takes you back to a time when life was just different. That whole transportation to another time and place thing that I LOVE about Disney. The old science fiction movie clips are awesome :) I especially love the old commercials and drive in cartoons.




For our upcoming trip, I made a special reservation. They are doing breakfast for a limited time. The menu sounds awesome (check it out here!)

So if you like themed restaurants and being transported to another time and place, definitely check out Sci Fi Dine In Theater restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

No comments:

Post a Comment